Re: [avrdude-dev] 5.0 Release is immenent

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] 5.0 Release is immenent
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:04:26 -0400

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 07:26:08AM -0700, Galen Seitz wrote:

> I'm looking into updating Ted's spec file for an rpm package.  I realize
> I'm too late to get it into this release, but maybe it will be there for
> the next one.  Anyway, I'd like to know what the procedure is for creating
> the release tarball.  Is it as simple as cvs checkout, bootstrap, tar?

Like this:

        cvs co -r RELEASE_5_0_0 avrdude
        cd avrdude
        ./bootstrap
        mkdir obj
        cd obj
        ../configure --enable-docs=yes
        make (verify everything builds)
        make distcheck DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS=--enable-doc=yes

The 'make distcheck' performs some tests and ultimately creates the
.tar.gz file for the current version if everything works.

So actually creating the distfile is not hard.  It's getting
everything right before the cvs checkout that's the tricky part :-)

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
ATmega128 based MAVRIC controllers