[avrdude-dev] [patch #4923] Better error reporting for serial-bitbang pr

From: Wim Lewis
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4923] Better error reporting for serial-bitbang programmers
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:18:23 -0800

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

I was having a little trouble getting avrdude set up correctly on my system,
so I added better error reporting to serbb_posix.c. Previously, if the device
file didn't exist or wasn't accessible or was the wrong device, no error
message would be printed but avrdude would exit early. This patch causes
avrdude to print the reason for the failure.

File Attachments:

Date: Sun 02/19/06 at 20:18  Name: avrdude-serbb-err.patch  Size: 3.24KB
By: wiml
Patch to serbb_posix.c