[avrdude-dev] Re: stk500pp implementation

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: stk500pp implementation
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:39:14 +0200

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> I just committed the first implementation to CVS.  It's not yet
> complete, notably EEPROM writes don't work for some reason, even
> though flash writes do mostly work.

All these bugs have been fixed, and I also verified the implementation
against an AT90S8515 that doesn't use paged write operations.  The
only remaining oddity on the AT90S8515 is that the fuses read out
wrong even though at least the SPEN fuse can be modified correctly.

> Volunteers for eventually updating the parallel-programming
> parameter sets in avrdude.conf.in for all supported AVRs are
> welcome, but please wait until it's finalized.

It is, a number of new parameters have been added.  Alas, for some
devices, about each different memory space uses different pulse width
values and such, so I had to add many new parameters.  If anyone wants
to volunteer, pick the Atmel XML files, and extract snippets for each
supported AVR from there.

> ..., and I'd also like to make an attempt to support high-voltage
> serial programming (HVSP) for those AVRs that cannot do parallel
> programming.

That's not yet done.