[avrdude-dev] stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0x81

From: Speedy Juggler
Subject: [avrdude-dev] stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0x81
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:50:54 +0000

Hello,

I have been using avrdude with my STK500 for some time now. Today I wanted to try the ATtiny11 in high voltage serial programming mode. For this I had to upgrade avrdude from 5.1 to the latest 5.3.1 (also tried 5.2). Most of the times the programming failes with the error 'stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0x81', while after a view tries it often succeeds and then the software in the microcontroller seems to be running fine. When 5.3.1 did not work I have also tried 5.2 and tried upgrading my STK500 firmware, both kept the same error. The flash.hex contains 52 bytes, the command I run is:

avrdude -p t11 -B 10 -c stk500hvsp -P /dev/ttyS0 -e -U flash:w:out/flash.hex

The ATtiny11 is connected into the STK500 and wired according to the manual, no additional hardware is connected when the chip is being programmed.

What could I be doing wrong or is this a bug in avrdude?

Thanks in advance,

Lourens

Se produkttester om hemmabiosystem http://smartson.msn.se/