Re: [avrdude-dev] CAN

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] CAN
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 06:01:46 -0400

On Friday 01 June 2007 00:08, Michael V. Schaefer wrote:

> i would like to use the avrdude to program the at90can[32|64|128] using
> CAN interface (i.e. stk500 + stk501 + atadapcan01).  has anyone
> considered/done this already?  if not, where would be a good place to
> start getting my head around things?..

The released version of AVRDUDE supports CAN128 now,
the next release will support 32/64/128, but in
the mean time you can get the 32/64 patches
here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5953

If you meant that you wanted to use AVRDUDE
to program the CAN part via CAN port, as your questions
is a bit ambiguous, AVRDUDE would need some work
to do that.  I do believe I saw CAN based boot-loader
in one of the AVR Freaks projects.

I've been using the CAN64 because I need a
high temperature part, with lots of I/O, didn't
really need CAN so have not used that,
in this project.

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/