[avrdude-dev] FTDI Bit bang programmer issue

From: Stanislav Likavcan
Subject: [avrdude-dev] FTDI Bit bang programmer issue
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:16:59 +0000

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get FTDI FT232R based bit bang programmer running with no luck. I've found this patch http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?4330 which I applied against avrdude version 5.5 under Linux and Mac OS, compiled sources, connected ATtiny2313 however I am getting this error:

====================
./avrdude -C ./avrdude.conf -c ftdi -p t2313
name=unknown

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | | 0% 0.00savrdude: programmer operation not supported
avr_read(): error reading address 0x0000
    read operation not supported for memory "signature"
avrdude: error reading signature data for part "ATtiny2313", rc=-2
avrdude: error reading signature data, rc=-1

avrdude done.  Thank you.
====================

My current avrdude.conf looks like this:

====================
programmer
  id    = "ftdi";
  desc  = "Generic FTDI programmer";
  type  = ftbb;
  baudrate = 230400;
  reset  = 5; # DB4
  sck    = 3; # DB2
  miso  = 1; # DB0
  mosi  = 2; # DB1
;

I also tried avrdude-serjtag, which runs with no problems. Which is great! However it's under Windows, which is not my primary platform...
http://www.geocities.jp/arduino_diecimila/bootloader/index_en.html

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stan