[avrdude-dev] [bug #27254] Cannot program ATXMega with AVRDUDE using AVR

From: Klaus Leidinger
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #27254] Cannot program ATXMega with AVRDUDE using AVR911 AVROSP mode
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:47:23 +0000

Follow-up Comment #8, bug #27254 (project avrdude):

Hi Priyend,

I just "ported" the Bootloader to a Mega16 (no Xmega so far) and "simulated"
the programming. (throwing away the read bytes instead of writing to flash).

Everything works as expected with V24 direct connect (com1, Motherboard) and
with a USB(2) to serial adapter at 115200 baud. I did several tests with no
problems.

So one thing I could think is a "loose connection", which sometimes occours,
just when testing avrdude. I know, sounds unlikely, but it sounds more
unlikely to have a general avrdude transmission problem.

I also used avrdude 5.6 see log attached.
Verification failed, as I did not write anything in real.

At the End is the first part transmitting of your testfile.

Have you tried to slower down to 19200 for example to verify if the problem
occours?

HTH,
Klaus

(file #18610)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: avrdude-log.txt                Size:11 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27254>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/