[avrdude-dev] Xmega/AVRispMkII reset bug fixed

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Xmega/AVRispMkII reset bug fixed
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:15:43 -0800

I'm working on a contract that currently involves build stuff around the ATxmega16A4 chip, and so far have managed to bash a toolchain into shape, but was having problems with avrdude requiring me to completely disconnect the programmer from USB after every programming cycle, which was getting rather obnoxious.

I compared the verbose avrdude output from the STK500 log generated by AVRstudio, and on a hunch added one missing command, and voila! fixed. Why that command has anything to do with hanging on 2nd program I have no idea, but so far it's working repeatedly.

The fix is to call stk500v2_loadaddr(pgm,addr) just before the main block write loop in stk600_xprog_paged_write(). I'd provide a diff, but it's against 5.6 (which works, unlike 5.8 or svn...) and it's a trivial change.

I will be filing a bug report with this information shortly.