Re: [avrdude-dev] writing two Fuse Bytes faild

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] writing two Fuse Bytes faild
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 21:02:23 +0100

As Markus Burrer wrote:

> > Depending on which programmer you're using, if it's an STK500 like
> > one, you could setup a trace for it under AVR Studio, and have a
> > look what they are doing.  See the STK500 (online) documentation.

> I'm using AVRISP mkII.

That counts as "STK500 alike".  It's using the same higher-level
protocol, just on top of an USB transport instead of RS-232 with the
old STK500.

> Maybe it is possible to debug the USB communication?

Yes, as I mentioned: have a look into the STK500 documentation.
Towards the end, there's a debugging hint.  IIRC, you can create a
registry entry denoting a log file that logs the entire programmer
communication.

In AVRDUDE, you can see the equivalent of that with -vvvv (four
options "v").