Re: [avrdude-dev] Verification errors with TPI and PDI programming

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Verification errors with TPI and PDI programming
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 23:01:40 +0200

As address@hidden wrote:

> > I just committed a change to SVN trunk that enables a communications
> > trace for USBasp with -vvvv.  If you rebuild trunk, this should get
> > you a trace for the non-working version.
>
> Ok. I attached a trace from a failing session.

I think I found and fixed all problems now.  In particular, there have
been two major bugs:

. the paged_load and paged_write methods didn't use the current page
  address as offset into m->buf

. each paged_write invocation issued a SECTION_ERASE command before;
  as we now call the paged_write() method once per page (as opposed to
  once per memory region previously), this caused all of the flash to
  be erased on each new page write; a SECTION_ERASE is not needed at
  all since (by default) everything is preceded by a CHIP_ERASE anyway.

I also added some more trace code for -vvv, but only for the TPI
portion of usbasp.c by now.

Joakim, thanks for reporting this!

To anyone else, please test if you can.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/