[avrdude-dev] [bug #37697] avrdude cannot manage non-standard speeds on

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #37697] avrdude cannot manage non-standard speeds on Mac
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:27:26 +0000

Update of bug #37697 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #3:

I just had a look under Darwin 11.4.2.  The manual page
TCSETATTR(3) says:

The unsigned integer
     speed_t is typedef'd in the include file <termios.h>.  The value of the
integer corresponds
     directly to the baud rate being represented; however, the following
symbolic values are
     defined:

(The various Bxxx constants then directly map to the value
xxx, respectively.)

To me, this looks as if the current codebase should work as
expected.  Is it possible that recent OSX releases changed
their behaviour here?

The problem with the patch is that it *only* accepts OSX and
Linux (no *BSD, no Solaris), and that redefining an ioctl
within application code is basically a no-go.  Nobody would
guarantee the ioctl is still encoded the same way in the next
OS release.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37697>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/