[avrdude-dev] Two enhancements for jtag3

From: Andy Somerville
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Two enhancements for jtag3
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 20:14:36 -0400

Hey all,

I've recently begun the slog that is setting up a workflow for avr32 in
Linux. In doing so I've come across 2 problems in avrdude trying to get a
AVR JTAGICE3 programmer working.

  1. avrdude wasn't recognizing the device because the latest firmware
upgrade (3.8) changes the productId

  2. The kernel was holding on to the device and was showing:

avrdude: usbdev_open(): error setting configuration 1: could not set config
1: Device or resource busy

     when I'd attempt to connect.

As a result I fixed both issues locally, but wanted to give them back.

I've attached the patch and also provided a link to a git clone of the svn
repo with the changes:

     https://github.com/catskul/avrdude/commits/master/avrdude

Andy