Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE+libusb, compiling and running on Windows

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE+libusb, compiling and running on Windows
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:26:02 +0100

As Didrik Madheden wrote:

> > Please, attach it to the open bug report:

> Done.

Thanks!

> About that... Not everyone who's running the OSX operating system
> choose to do so on an officially sanctioned white and shiny/brushed
> aluminum box.

Still, that doesn't make the OS itself support the parallel port in
any way, even if it's physically present.

AVRDUDE can only sit on top of some OS-provided API to access the
port.  OK, except on Windows, where there's only a crock since the OS
doesn't have an API ... I wouldn't want to pick this as an "how it
should be really done" example though.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/