[avrdude-dev] [patch #8435] Implementing mEDBG CMSIS-DAP protocol

From: Rainer Müller
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #8435] Implementing mEDBG CMSIS-DAP protocol
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:20:30 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #8435 (project avrdude):

I attached xplained-mini-atmel-studio.pcapng which contains an USB trace from
wireshark. I obtained this on Linux while running Atmel Studio in a Windows
VM. I programmed a minimal (empty main) file with the debugWire interface.

Additionally, to demonstrate the problem I was seeing, I attached
xplained-mini-avrdude.pcapng. I obtained this on Linux using a patched
avrdude. I only changed the packet size to 64 byte and the IDs of the
endpoints, I left the usbdev_send() as it in the current trunk version. The
output from avrdude is in xplained-mini-avrdude.txt. After the unexpected
timeout, it eventually ran into the 10 second timeout.

The command used for avrdude was:

./avrdude -v -C avrdude.conf -c xplainedmini -p m168p -U flash:w:test1.hex

(file #31189, file #31190, file #31191)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: xplained-mini-atmel-studio.pcapng Size:59 KB
File name: xplained-mini-avrdude.pcapng   Size:4 KB
File name: xplained-mini-avrdude.txt      Size:1 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8435>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/