[avrdude-dev] huge patch approaching repo - avrdude_message

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: [avrdude-dev] huge patch approaching repo - avrdude_message
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 22:04:33 +0200

Hallo avrdude developpers,

together with Joerg I discussed and realized a change that is
adding the "verbose" level to avrdude_message(). Together with this
patch some obvious occurences of the global verbose-variable are
removed. At some places the code needs to be refactored, but that
comes in another changeset.

All this changes are related to create an libavrdude, that
can be used by application programmers or load it into python/<whatever> scripts.

I tested the build under Ubuntu 12.04 with the following
options.

Configuration summary:
----------------------
DO HAVE    libelf
DO HAVE    libusb
DO HAVE    libusb_1_0
DON'T HAVE libftdi1
DO HAVE    libftdi
DON'T HAVE libhid
DO HAVE    pthread
DISABLED   doc
ENABLED    parport
DISABLED   linuxgpio

If anybody can test build on Windows (libhid) or
on Raspberry Pi (linuxgpio) - this would be nice.

So, the patch is reaching flight level 0 in ... 5 minutes.

Regards, Axel.