[avrdude-dev] [bug #42662] clang warnings under FreeBSD 10.x

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #42662] clang warnings under FreeBSD 10.x
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 20:42:37 +0000

Update of bug #42662 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #2:

I fixed another couple of those warnings.

Remaining are:

../pickit2.c:1189:78: warning: passing 'const char *' to parameter of type
'char *' discards qualifiers
      [-Wincompatible-pointer-types-discards-qualifiers]
  ...usb_interrupt_write(PDATA(pgm)->usb_handle, USB_ENDPOINT_OUT | 1, (const
char*)(report+1), 64, PD...

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/usb.h:285:61: note: passing argument to parameter 'bytes' here
int     usb_interrupt_write(usb_dev_handle * dev, int ep, char *bytes, int
size, int timeout);

which probably cannot be resolved as it would be up to libusb
to change the prototype of this function.

There are also those annoying #warning statements "No
libftdi or libusb support."  I don't know how those would be
handled best for people who simply don't care about these
modules.  Probably, the autoconf logic should be changed to
disable everything which would depend on those libftdi
functions, and then clearly announce it that way in the
configuration summary (at the end of ./configure).

I think that's all we could do about it by now, so I'm closing
it.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?42662>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/