[avrdude-dev] [patch #9482] Add support for UPDI and AVR8X

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #9482] Add support for UPDI and AVR8X
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 05:47:00 -0500 (EST)

Update of patch #9482 (project avrdude):

             Assigned to:                    None => joerg_wunsch

Follow-up Comment #3:

After digging a bit through the ATtiny816 datasheet, it doesn't
seem the UPDI uses something like the memory offsets that can
be seen in the Xmega PDI.

Note that the GNU tools offsets (0x810000 for EEPROM etc.) are
only relevant when reading directly from an ELF file.  They are
supposed to already be correctly handled in AVRDUDE's ELF loader,
so don't need to be taken care of later on.

Figure 6-1 in the ATtiny817 datasheet suggests we might need
to apply an offset of 0x8000 when programming flash, as the
CPU's address 0 maps to an UPDI address 0x8000.

My toolchain hasn't been updated yet to handle the ATtiny817.
Could you perhaps an ELF file flashing a LED on the Xplained Pro
kit I could use as a starting point for tests?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9482>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/