[avrdude-dev] [patch #9507] Fix UPDI chip erase

From: Jan Egil Ruud
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #9507] Fix UPDI chip erase
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 02:18:32 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #9, patch #9507 (project avrdude):

So, after sorting some stupid mistakes related to debug HW and
misunderstanding of code I myself had made, I finally got it working again.

This fix introduces a new unlock-function, which basically is the
jtag3_chip_erase_updi that I have renamed. Unlock is a better name for what it
actually do, and I needed the general jtag3_chip_erase function for normal
erasing.

Another change I've made is using the jtag3_memaddr() when filling in the
address in a EDBG command. This gives a more smooth handling of the memory
offsets, and it should work fine for both new and old devices. My only concern
is flash byte read due to some changes to addr at jtag3.c:1860 (after this
patch is applied), but when is that actually used?

I've also added code so it avoids calling jtag3_edbg_prepare() and
jtag3_edbg_signoff() when tool is "xplainedmini_updi". It now works with the
buggy mEDBG_UPDI FW.

(file #42921)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: unlock_avr8x_fix.patch         Size:10 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9507>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/