[avrdude-dev] [patch #7321] usbasp: filter usb serial number

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7321] usbasp: filter usb serial number
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 17:43:42 -0500 (EST)

Update of patch #7321 (project avrdude):

             Assigned to:                  fischl => joerg_wunsch

Follow-up Comment #2:

Unfortunately, Thomas never handled it, so I'll take it over
now.

Meanwhile, AVRDUDE has replaced all fprintf(stderr, ... by
avrdude_message(MSG_<severity>, ...), so the patch no longer
applies. Are you interested in filing an update patch?

Regarding a partial serial number match, I suggest to match
the _trailing_ digits rather than the initial substring: usual
serial numbers commonly have a similar initial part but differ
only in the last digits.  That's how the other programmers
do it which implement a serial number match.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7321>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/