Re: [avrdude-dev] Arduino double reset before programming (TIOCM_DTR cle

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Arduino double reset before programming (TIOCM_DTR clear/set swapped?)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 11:04:43 +0100

As spike wrote:

> > TLDR: I think I've hit a bug in the Arduino programmer interface
> > (arduino.c) but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing the obvious
> > before posting stuff to the bugtracker. I'm pretty sure, the
> > TIOCM_DTR bit is cleared when it should be set and vice versa.

> Did I get this completely wrong somehow or is the mailing list just
> the wrong place to report an issue like this?

Well, if you are sure, you could of course always report it through
a bugtracker.

Otherwise it's entirely fine to just ask first.  I tried to reproduce
all this, but my only Arduino-alike board (an Arduino Nano clone) so
far fails to respond to any kind of programming attempt (except
external ISP).  I'm not sure whether its bootloader actually works at
all.

I wanted to test all that before writing a reply here.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/