[Axiom-developer] Re: NAG demo version of AXIOM - flexlm license?

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: NAG demo version of AXIOM - flexlm license?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:20:16 -0500

Bill,

I helped install the flexlm hooks into Axiom when it was first
delivered so I'm well aware of how it works. The technical
aspects are not at issue.

However, I have an agreement with NAG where they have asked
me not to distribute their version of Axiom. While I don't agree
with all the lawyers who have taken over programming I have to
say that NAG's been very cooperative and helpful. I see every
reason to do anything they ask.

The down side, as you point out, is that developers other than
myself will not have a reference version of the system. However
this will change once we get a clean system build and the NAG
version will quickly become out of date. Thus the issue will be
gone in the near term. Until then it will be up to me to check
the resulting code against the NAG version.

All I can counsel is patience.

Tim