[Axiom-developer] FreeBSD...Re: Axiom

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] FreeBSD...Re: Axiom
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 13:10:50 -0500

Another subtle issue has occurred to me.

You mentioned that you actually changed the top level Makefile.pamphlet
Normally if you change the top level Makefile.pamphlet the system will
NOT try to rebuild it automatically. You have to do it by hand by
typing:

export PATH=/spad/mnt/linux/bin:$PATH
export SPAD=/spad/mnt/linux
document Makefile

There is a subtle catch-22 you should be aware of. These instructions
will NOT work in a clean system since noweb does not yet exist.  It
might or might not be related to your problem but I'll explain it
anyway so it is documented.

If you don't have noweb you have to create it first.
Lets assume your install path is /spad and you're using linux
as your platform:

(1) cd /spad
(2) make SPAD=/spad/mnt/linux start

This will make noweb and install it in the /spad subtree.
Axiom is designed to never write outside its subtree.

Tim