[Axiom-developer] Re: GCL

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:38:55 -0500

Tim,

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:13:42 -0500 you wrote:

> I've gotten almost all of the files in interpsys compiled
> which is most of the "heavy lifting".

Great! I have been looking forward to doing something a little
more interesting...

> Do you have GCL running anywhere?

Yes. I have GCL 2.4.4 compiled under Linux Red Hat 7.3
and the earlier version from the zip file binary distribution
on tenkan, of course. I also have GCL version 2.5 compiled
from source from the current GCL CVS) under MinGW and
running on native Windows. Earlier versions of GCL will
not compile directly under MinGW. However there are
earlier Cygwin versions. I would prefer to continue to
work with MinGW, however.

Recall also that I have CCL compiled from the tenkan
sources under Cygwin on windows. I have not been able
to compile this successfully under MinGW yet, but
the problems are minimal (I think). I haven't given it
any priority since you said that you were having trouble
with the Axiom code in this version and preferred to
work on it later.