Re: [Axiom-developer] pre-interpsys image

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] pre-interpsys image
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:08:11 -0500

Camm,

Yes, I know about the IN-PACKAGE failures which will be fixed up shortly.
I'm still using gcl 2.4.1 for that very reason. I have several things
queued up to rewrite and this is one of them. At the moment I'm
concentrating on getting one runnable version before I begin to add
my mista....changes.

If you modify the intermediate lisp files they will not get rebuilt.
You can add the make-package call to them and see if anything else
fails. Alternatively you could add a make-package into the lisp
image and the compiles should work correctly.

I'm not caving into the runtime switch because I want Axiom to run on
both versions, the old common lisp and the new. GCL is only one of the
planned common lisp platforms so I couldn't depend on a compile-time
switch anyway.

Tim