[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom web pages

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom web pages
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:33:32 -0400

Axiom is several layers of languages.

The underlying Lisp, the whole graphics package and the numeric
library communication programs are all in C (not C++). I haven't
even started looking at the graphics portion of the system nor
has anyone else. If you're interested then sign up as a developer
and I'll ask the sysadmin to give you read/write access to the CVS.
It's all volunteer and it's all a free-time activity so if you've
got the time we've got the problems.

Tim

I had seen a couple of positive comments about Axiom, so I was
interested in trying it out.  I've played with Maxima and Yacas.
I also used Mathematica a bit when I worked at HP (I retired last
summer).

I'd be happy to help with this building and debugging, but it would
have to be C or C++ or somesuch.  Maxima is written in Lisp and Yacas
is C++ (but essentially a Lisp implementation) and I wouldn't have
the time to learn Lisp right now (although I'd like to someday).

donp