Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on french news site

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on french news site
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 7:51:48 -0400

Hello,

I am in France (Paris) this week. [Oh how I hate what the keyboard
at this Internet Cafe does to my touch typing!!!!]

Anyway, there is already a Texmacs interface for Axiom that works
quite well - all that is needed is one small change to the C
program which is included with the standard Texmacs distribution
due to a difference in how the current open version of Axiom
starts up. The Texmacs program looks for two input prompts but
Axiom only provides one. I have a working version at home which
I can upload to Savannah when I get back (10 days).

How should this modification be distributed: by Axiom or by Texmacs?
Or should we plan to change Axiom so it works like the previous
commercial version? Tim said earlier that the difference had
something to do with "frames". Viv l'difference?? Tim, perhaps
you can explain?

Cheers,
Bill Page