[Axiom-developer] FW: [Axiom-mail] Axiom on the Web

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] FW: [Axiom-mail] Axiom on the Web
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:02:56 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Page [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 10:46 AM
To: 'Mike Dewar'
Subject: RE: [Axiom-mail] Axiom on the Web

Mike,

Thank you very much for this observation. I am trying to plug such security
holes and have just added )lisp, )fin and )spool to the list of disabled
commands. If you try your test again you should see that it fails with a
reasonable error message.

It is a pity that we have to lock out lisp access. I wonder if anyone has
done any work on a "secure mode" for lisp?

About performance. This system collects all the Axiom commands embedded in a
web page and internally prepares a script that is run by Axiom as a batch.
The output is parsed and re-inserted back into the code for the web page.
This happens only once when the user clicks Save.

The LaTeX rendering done by the LatexWiki component which calls the
combination of latex+dvips+ghostscript is likewise done only once. Moreover
the images that it creates for inclusion in the final web page are cached
based on the LaTeX code that created them. These are keep in an "image
repository" so latex et al are never called more than once for each such
construct.