Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: page.axiom-developed.org LaTeX broken

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: page.axiom-developed.org LaTeX broken
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:40:51 -0700

Sometime in the last few versions I added the following to the top of
the LatexTemplate I distribute:

  %% This file is used as a python printf() string.  As such, the document we
are
  %% trying to render is placed at the location of the percent-s below, and any
  %% comments in this file must be preceeded by TWO percent signs.

I'm not so fond of using LatexTemplate as a python printf string, and
would happily entertain other suggestions.

Secondly, when upgrading LatexWiki or ZWiki, one should run the
/upgradeAll method on the site, which will cause all pages to be
re-rendered.  If you get the latex alignment problem that we discussed
fixed, I suggest you delete the contents of the var/LatexWiki directory
(where the png's are), and run /upgradeAll, which will cause LatexWiki
to regenerate its images.

For a single page the method is /clearCache.  Run them like by appending
/upgradeAll or /clearCache to any wiki page like this:

    http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone/wiki/FrontPage/clearCache
    http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone/wiki/FrontPage/upgradeAll

Note that upgradeAll may take some time when your wiki becomes large,
especially when rendering lots of latex and axiom expressions!  I hope
to further improve the speed of ZWiki itself in the future.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.