Re: [Axiom-developer] REDUCE on test.axiom-developer.org

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] REDUCE on test.axiom-developer.org
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:47:54 -0700

Bill Page address@hidden wrote:
> Everyone:
>
> I have a very preliminary implementation of an interface
> to REDUCE implemented on the test.axom-developer.org site.
> Please see:
>
>   http://test.axiom-developer.org/Members/billpage/TestReduce
>
> for some initial examples.
>
> I would appreciate the help of those Axiom developers who
> know REDUCE (or want to learn) to test this. Let me know
> what goes wrong, what is missing and especially any hints
> and tips about security issues.

Neat!

I wonder if your last example on that page is correct...neither Maple
nor Mathematica will do that integral.

I was thinking to separate your code into a different PageType.  i.e.
the PageType specifies what this document is *written* in.  Separate
from that is the presentation (i.e. png/mathml which should not be a
page type -- as I have it now).  Is the new Reduce stuff in your darcs
repository?

But now we have two math backends...and it might be very useful to have
both in the same document.  So should we define a
StructuredText+LaTeX+Math pagetype where 'Math' refers to any symbolic
backend?  It would also be useful to do a bit of stylesheet magic to
differentiate between Axiom/Reduce/Maxima...  Perhaps some small text in
the UR corner that says what language this is.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.