Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet files forMathAct

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: literate programming pamphlet files forMathAction
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:51:52 -0700

Martin Rubey address@hidden wrote:
> I am absolutely certain that this kind of documentation will be necessary in
> future to. )show Integer does not suffice, since it contains only the
> modelines. For example:
>
> prefixRagits :
>    [1] RadixExpansion D2 -> List Integer from RadixExpansion D2 if D2:
>             INT
>
>       ++ prefixRagits(rx) returns the non-cyclic part of the ragits
>       ++ of the fractional part of a radix expansion.
>       ++ For example, if \spad{x = 3/28 = 0.10 714285 714285 ...},
>       ++ then \spad{prefixRagits(x)=[1,0]}.

This has been the single most frustrating thing in using axiom for
actual physics for me.  )show and friends give only interfaces, and if
you want to know what something does that's much more difficult.

I very much want to move away from Maple, but the intellectual cost of
learning a system this complex is high, so documentation should always
be readily available.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.