Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom crashing in Zope-Plone

From: Hans Peter Wuermli
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom crashing in Zope-Plone
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:19:08 +0200

Hi Camm

> > Again, the standalone python code run without errors, whereas the
> > LatexWiki page within Zope crashed with WEXITSTATUS=139.
>
> This is with the packages Debian binary, right?  In this case, it
> would seem that axiom/gcl is likely not implicated, but rather
> Zope/LatexWiki.  Please let me know if you uncover evidence to the
> contrary.

I am unsure. The combination Zope/LatexWiki cannot be the cause, as I produce
the crashes without using anything from LatexWiki. So it would have to be
caused by the combination Zope/Axiom. Remember: I create a so called external
method in zope, which is nothing else than a python program run either within
Zope or external as a standalone program.

If I am not mistaken, the GCL used in your Debian version is 2.6.4, whereas
the version I downloaded and compiled uses 2.6.3. Could this be tested? I.e.
what would I have to do such that my local version uses the latest version of
GCL? (Checking which versions is available on Debian I see that it is 2.6.5
or then 2.5; actually, I don't have gcl installed on my system separately.)

Best regards

Hans Peter