[Axiom-developer] pamphlet support on MathAction

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] pamphlet support on MathAction
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:19:13 -0400

Martin,

I am sorry that I do not have anything integrated with
MathAction yet. I ran into a few problems with my modifications
of the l2h (latex to html) noweave -filter and am still
making changes to fix this before adding it to LatexWiki.

In some cases the internal HTML linkages created by
noweave mess up the selected pass thru of the Latex
coding like \begin{equation} and \begin{axiom} because
noweave assume that the output of the l2h filter will be
*pure* html with nothing "strange" embedded like LaTeX
coding. The LatexWiki html+latex document type is a
little strange in that it permits (expects?) the LaTeX
coding just to be inserted in the HTML even though the
the syntax of these two languages is not really compatible.

There are also related problems about how l2h likes to
convert \ref{} to equation \label{} versus the way that
LatexWiki is doing it now. LatexWiki insists on renumbering
equations and that is not compatible with the links that
were earlier inserted by l2h. Plus the insertion of html
anchors for the equations is messed up by the way that
I coded the pass thru of LaTeX coding.

I think what I need to do is have the l2h filter wrap the
LaTeX in a special "html-like" tag e.g.

  <latex>
  \begin{equation}
  \end{equation}

  Some paragraph

  \begin{axiom}
  \end{axiom}
  </latex>

Then (hopefully) the rest of the noweave indexing mechanism
wont insist on inserting html inside these html tags.

Anyway, I will be away at a meeting (and short vacation)
for the next 10 days so don't expect much progress until
later this month.