RE: [Axiom-developer] new homepage / download section

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] new homepage / download section
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:46:24 -0400

About a month ago I (finally) managed to figure out how
to put files in the savannah files section again - the
procedure to do this changed last year after the hacker
attack on savannah and the files that we preiously had there
were removed by savannah. The method to upload files now
involves signing them using gnupg - not so hard but not
trivial. Anyway, we did not have any files there for a long
time until just last month.

Whatever Tim Daly did in order to change the default home
page has also apparently changed the savannah files link.
Since I don't really understand how this home page re-direct
thing works at savannah, I don't know how to correct this.

Tim, what do you think? Is there an easy way to fix this?
If we store the files somewhere else and link directly to
them via the download.html page, how can we transfer what
we already have at savannah to the new location? Since
the Axiom Portal software on page.axiom-developer.org has
a simple file upload/download feature, maybe we should
locate all such files there.

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone/download

Bill Page.