[Axiom-developer] bounties

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] bounties
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:43:38 -0500

I really love this "bounty" idea that seems to have been started
by Canonical

  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/bounties

in relation to the Ubuntu linux project, but it seems to be
rapidly spreading to other areas.

The idea is apparently to use donated (as well as some
corporate sponsor) funds to pay relatively small incentives
(but which carrying a *big* emotional multiplier of recognition
for people who have been doing voluntary open-source programming,
some extraordinary work that has remained quite unrecognized
of several years).

So the preview extension for ZWiki was paid such a bounty

  http://zwiki.org/933BountyForEditPreviewMode

That's great!

I would really like to see this idea extended to our little
realm of computer algebra systems.