RE: [Axiom-developer] Earlier Saturn Query

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Earlier Saturn Query
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:14:23 +1000

One last message for the day, Tim, after a further half hour of testing on
Windows.

| | BTY, I'm trawling the code to try and turn off the Saturn code
| but haven't
| | found it. Any idea?  I recall going through this before but can't
| | track down
| | the email.
|

| This was a #+ issue in "patches.lisp.pamphlet" which didn't
| account for the
| existence of Windows.  Never-the-less I think it is something which should
| be switchable via ")set output".

Once I fixed that problematic Saturn output, there was no apparent
instability while running commands from the Axiom book at the command line
prompt. This is not to minimise the large amount of programming left to add
missing secondary functionality on Windows as mentioned earlier today but,
most importantly, the mathematics seems to be fully up to scratch (pad) and
I would expect that you could release a text only Windows binary in your
next release cycle.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.