Re: [Axiom-developer] pathname-name behavior change

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] pathname-name behavior change
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:06:46 -0500

Tim,

>From my electronic copy of CLtl 2nd edition:

X3J13 voted in March 1988 (PATHNAME-SYMBOL)   to change the language
so that a symbol is never allowed as a pathname argument. More
specifically, the following functions are changed to disallow a symbol
as a pathname argument:

pathname          pathname-device     namestring
truename          pathname-directory  file-namestring
parse-namestring  pathname-name       directory-namestring
merge-pathnames   pathname-type       host-namestring
pathname-host     pathname-version    enough-namestring

Sincerely,
Steve