RE: [Axiom-developer] system::getenv does not return MSYS environ ment v

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] system::getenv does not return MSYS environ ment variables
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:22:37 -0500

Tim,

>From what I have seen, the following should give you
a list to start:

$ cd src/interp
$ grep -i 'obey' *.boot.* *.lisp.*
$ grep -i '(system ' *.boot.* *.lisp.*

These problems all have to do with the fact that (system
calls windows command.com which is a very limite and non-
unix-like shell (MSDOS). I notice that some other platforms
use their own replacement shell programs. This is possibility
for windows too. There are some good open source possibly
even posix compliant shells for windows that Axiom could
just incorporate for use in Windows. But then, maybe it is
best just to avoid this and call lisp functions directly -
surely that would be more efficient then loading a shell.