RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: windows/linux coherency

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: windows/linux coherency
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 06:12:43 -0500

Tim,

On Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:26 AM you asked:

> re: )set output texmacs
>
> Is this in the axiom--windows branch?

No. This command is actually implemented as part of the
tm_axiom TeXmacs-Axiom interface program. I have not yet
added this program to axiom--windows--1 but I think that
it is time to do that real soon now. I propose to create
a texmacs directory under src and wrap the .c files into
.c.pamphlet format. And then the compile step to the
<<windows>> section of the Makefile.pamphlet.

I think we should place the executable tm_axiom.exe in
mnt/windows/bin. Is that ok?

Also, we need to put the axiom.nsi script for the NSIS
installer somewhere in the axiom--windows--1 tree. Of
course it also can become axiom.nsi.pamphlet but I am a
little uncertain where it should go especially if we
consider the possibility that we may also want to
 provide a linux installer for Axiom. Unfortunately NSIS
is not available for Linux and the only good one I know
for Linux (InstallAnywhere) is not open source, but I
have been looking at a couple of java-based open source
installers that might work well. I am not sure though
that we want to assume that the user has java has installed?
Do you have any installer programs for Linux that you would
recommend.