RE: [Axiom-developer] Progress on the Solaris 9 build

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Progress on the Solaris 9 build
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:04:46 -0500

On Tuesday, December 21, 2004 1:34 PM Kostas Oikonomou
wrote:

> I've made some progress finally, thanks to a lot of help
> from Camm. GCL 2.6.5 finally builds.

That's good news. I am also hoping to build a Solaris
version of Axiom.

> The problem is that all the files in obj/sol9gcc/interp
> are  named ".lisp", not ".lsp".

I might be necessary for you to set the the 'LISP' variable
differently in root Makefile.pamphlet in the section
<<Makefile.sol9gcc>> (Is this a new section that you have
defined for Solaris 9?)

The variable LISP is supposed to be set to the part of
the lisp file name after the last .

See for example the section <<Makefile.axposf1v3>> where
LISP=lisp in contrast in <<Makefile.linux>> where
LISP=lsp

You can try editing the Makefile.pamphlet and repeating
the make.

I hope that helps.