[Axiom-developer] Savannah patches

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Savannah patches
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:38:43 -0500

Tim,

Please let me know when you are planning to finalize the
Jan 1, 2005 Savannah CVS. It would be good, I think it we could
include as many of these Savannah patches as possible in this
release. I have almost completed testing of the first four
patches below and I plan to update the axiom--main--1 archive
later today.

Martin,

I have been looking at the patches that you submitted some time
ago on Savannah. Thank you very much for taking the time to make
these corrections. Some of these are straight forward such as:

#2074:  Bug #4733 (rounding of negative numbers) [AS]
#3089:  bug #6357 sqrt(-1/abs(x))-1/sqrt(-abs(x))=>0 [A]
#3121:  [bugs #9057] product over product or sum fail [A]
#3349:  bug #10312 Problems raising a UTS to a negative integer power  [A]

I do have some questions about the status of some others. From
the comments it is not clear to me that the proposed patches are
complete:

#3127:  bug #9297 -- output misses parenthesis in COMBF [A]
#3148:  bug #9216 differentiating sums with respect to a bound is wrong [A]
#3161:  any? and every? should exit when the result is clear [A]

Also, you submitted these as direct patches to the .spad files.
Really you should be patching the .spad.pamphlet files. And it
would be **very desirable** if in the future you could also include
some new documentation in the .spad.pamphlet file describing the
problem and the nature of the change. Most of the documentation
is still missing for the algebra files, so if you learn something
new while analysing a problem, it would be great to capture this
and add and/or revise the documentation for future generations.

This one seems to have been anonymously submitted, but it looks
ok to me.

#3311:  bug #10069 overview: cot(0.0), csc(0.0), asec(0.0),
acsc(0.0),asech(0.0),acsch(0.0),cot(0.0),coth(0.0),acoth(0.0) [A]

Any comments?