[Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: run-process

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: run-process
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:18:16 +1000

Hi Camm.

| Please let me know if you want me to errata this, or if it is
| important enough for another point release on 2.6.

Before we attempt a point release based on run-process() it would be nice to
find some definitive cross-platform tests which cover the functionality
required by Axiom.

When I implemented that function for Windows I used pipes whereas the Unix
code uses a socket pair.  There are no AF_UNIX sockets (AF_INET is OK) or
socket pairs per se on Windows.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.