RE: [Axiom-developer] An idea for Free and Open Source Axiom ?(Search Fa

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] An idea for Free and Open Source Axiom ?(Search Facility)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:51:19 -0500

On Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:24 AM Martin Rubey wrote:

> Vladimir Bondarenko writes:
>>
>> Martin Rubey wrote:
>>> The search facility is at the top right corner of every
>>> page.
>>
>> Yep. As you can see from my message I mean the entry page
>> itself where the Search is absent.
>
> Oops, you are quite right. On the other hand, I believe
> that new users should directly be forwarded to MathAction.
> I think that http://page.axiom-developer.org/ is very
> confusing.

I am not sure what you found confusing about
http://page.axiom-developer.org :) It was mainly just a
convenience for me but I agree that it is no longer relevant.
That page used to be the original non-wiki index page that
pointed to the both the Axiom Portal and the MathAction
websites (and a few other useful things) while they were
both under development.

I have just edited a few pages on MathAction (as you will
have noticed) to make sure that they include all of the
links that were on the original page. And then I modified
the axiom-developer.org webserver configuration so that
the following urls all internally re-direct to MathAction

  http://axiom-developer.org
  http://www.axiom-developer.org
  http://axiom.axiom-developer.org
  http://page.axiom-developer.org

All of these urls at one time or other pointed to something
new and Axiom-related but which are now entirely replaced
by MathAction.

Note also that the Savannah and Sourceforge Axiom developer
websites also refer to MathAction site as the "Project Home
Page".

So I think now we finally have the everything consolidated
in one place. And this should be easier - especially for
new users.  If anyone notices anything missing that used
to be on one of the other websites, please let me know.