[Axiom-developer] Re: axiom--main--1--patch-31

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom--main--1--patch-31
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:37:22 -0500

Mark,

Merging whole branches is generally done by hand.
But that's mostly my distrust of source code manipulatioin tools.
My general method is to do:

  diff -r --brief oldbranch newbranch

and then do individual file diffs with hand merges. Source code
is too important to let the tools change it.

If you want to do it in an automated way I'd suggest hopping onto
the tla IRC channel. There are some helpful people there.