RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom--main--1--patch-31

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom--main--1--patch-31
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:24:52 +0100

Bill Page writes:
 > You know how Knuth choose approximations to the number
 > \pi for version of TeX? Maybe for Axiom we should do the
 > same with %e? ;) Like so
 >
 >   version 2.7
 >   version 2.72
 >   version 2.718

This is the versioning of metafont, so it doesn't seem appropriate.

I like the patch number best, since it is then a trivial matter to generate the
appropriate source. Also, returning to my wish of letting the user specify an
axiom version, (in fact, needed only in IssueTracker): I guess it would make
this easier, too. Bill: It's needed only per page, at least for a start. You
said,
you ran together the axiom environments to a pile. So, maybe it is possible to
store the optional argument of the first axiom environment into a variable and
then start the Axiom-executable indicated by this optional argument?

Martin