Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom porting

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom porting
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 20:15:18 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

SVG built into the browser would be a win. It would be portable, it
would interact with our browser pages coded in html, it would allow
opening a separate browser window with control (maybe).
Yes, I agree that SVG would be a neat addition to Axiom HyperTex and also
to MathAction. There are some very good plug-ins available that work in most
browsers and now both FireFox and Opera are planning to implement it as a
native capability.

How easily could SVG be integrate with Axiom graphics? Should we think of
SVG as being a new output format the what postscript generation works now?

I believe that SVG is primarily a static 2-d graphics format, right? So I think
we would still need something like the OpenInventor plug-in to provide
Axiom's "control panel" like scaling, rotation and other 3-d graph manipulations.