[Axiom-developer] [#167 Infinite Floats Domain] Continued on another pag

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#167 Infinite Floats Domain] Continued on another page see RealNumbers
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:00:13 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/167InfiniteFloatsDomain/diff
--
William, thank you very much for your comments on this issue.
Your presentation above is very instructive and useful to me.
I agree completely with your statements about the relevance of

> infinite sequences of rational numbers

and also that my presumption of an

> isomorphism between the domain of infinite precision floating
> point numbers and the domain of rationals

was wrong.

In fact I think this subject, on the boarder between symbolic
and numeric computations, is very relevant to Axiom and to
computer algebra systems in general. For that reason and
since this is not really an issue about Axiom itself,
I propose that we continue this elsewhere on another page.

I've create a new page named RealNumbers. Please joint me
there. I hope others will also contribute to this subject.

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden