[Axiom-developer] Tiddly Axiom Wiki

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Tiddly Axiom Wiki
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 04:44:41 -0700

I have gotten a preliminary *local* web-browser interface for Axiom
working.  It uses pipes for communication.  Get it here:
    http://bob.mcelrath.org/moz-axiom.tar.gz
Un tar it, change to the moz-axiom directory that will be created, and
run: ./fifo-axiom
This will start axiom and set up communications pipes to talk to the web
browser, then attempt to run firefox.  (edit this script if you want to
use mozilla or some other browser -- but only mozilla-derived browsers
will work) I copied an example from hyperdoc on Hilbert Matrices just to
test.

Also I implemented lazy re-evaluation the maximally stupid way: each new
tiddler is fully re-evaluated (e.g. I issue a )clear all first).

Please play with it, I hope it can be a means of discussing exactly how
(and if) we want to involve a web browser in all this.

The tiddlywiki extensions I made earlier (allowing $x$) are still there.

Axiom commands are included in \begin{axiom}...\end{axiom} just like on
the MathAction Wiki, and in addition I copied some of Kai's work to add
an input line to each tiddler.

While I'm still disappointed with the rendering speed of jsMath (we can
move to MathML in the future), it's quite a bit snappier than texmacs.
Make sure to turn animations off in the options panel.

Undoubtedly there are bugs, but this is more a toy prototype...

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen
    these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding
    fathers used in the great struggle for independence." --Charles A. Beard