[Axiom-developer] [#191 exquo and therefore gcd cannot handle UP(x, EXPR

From: wyscc
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#191 exquo and therefore gcd cannot handle UP(x, EXPR INT)] Oh, my! MathAction playing tricks.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:09:15 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/191ExquoAndThereforeGcdCannotHandleUPXEXPRINT/diff
--
When I edit the message of Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:18:25 -0500, by changing "p" in
the *text* to "'p'" and preview, the *answer* to 'gcd(p,r)' changes to the
correct one! When I cancel this change, the correct answer remains, but then if
I "reply" to the message again (as I am doing now), the display for gcd(p,r) in
line 2 becomes 1 again.

Reason: When I *edit*, the entire page is re-rendered and hence the answer is
the correct answer (not 1), but when I *reply*, a new instance of Axiom is
started, and hence the value of 'p' is just a variable 'p'.

I think Mathaction should be more consistent, or else we may be wasting a lot
of time.
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden