[Axiom-developer] [#191 exquo and therefore gcd cannot handle UP(x, EXPR

From: wyscc
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#191 exquo and therefore gcd cannot handle UP(x, EXPR INT)] Thanks
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:08:33 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/191ExquoAndThereforeGcdCannotHandleUPXEXPRINT/diff
--
Bill, thanks for confirming what MathAction does. Actually, I simply did not
notice the "Click refresh to recalculate all" and now that I am aware of the
difference between edit and add comment, that should be ok.  Prior to your
upgrading preview for comments, I seldom use add comments, to avoid
broadcasting too many editing changes after save.

In order to present a consistent page, there should not be this difference. I
think any time someone press "save" (or even "preview") using "add comments",
the entire page should be recomputed. (I know this is less efficient, but it
would avoid treating potentially unintentional wrong results as correct (since
when a viewer reads the page, the same error remains until page is refreshed).
And we did a lot of minor editing that would recompute anyway (even though very
often, the axiom code was not changed).

Now I don't know what to do with the "wrong" but correct answer to 'gcd(p,r)'
because it is now recorded with the correct result (after I did a refresh)!
Probably just erase the whole thing?
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden