[Axiom-developer] [#192 Folding does not work in Konqueror 3.1.4] that i

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#192 Folding does not work in Konqueror 3.1.4] that is discouraging
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:47:20 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/192FoldingDoesNotWorkInKonqueror314/diff
--
Why would you discourage the use of tabs?

The problem with tabs and Konqueror seems to be due to a bug
in Konqueror's presentation of dynamic tables. If you click the
+/- menu item at the top of the page does it at least correctly
expand the tabs into multiple tables?

After working with Konqueror for a while I don't find it too
surprizing that dynamic tables don't work so well. While trying
to debug the problem with folding, Konqueror actually crashed
and aborted several times on me and all I was doing was sending
it javascript with some syntax errors! I have never had either
FireFox or IE 6 do that to me. From what I see on the net, it
seems that Konqueror has a very bad reputation as a general purpose
browser - especially in connection with javascript. I don't see
any reason why someone would not simply upgrade to FireFox. On
the same machine FireFox is noticably faster, doesn't (usually)
abort, and is more standards compilant than Konqueror.

Anyway, I am glad that the folding is now working since you are
quite right that having "hidden text" on some browsers that can
not even display would be a very bad thing. Folding should always
"degrade gracefully" so that the same information is available
even though it might not be so pretty.

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden